The number of locksmiths in a certain area is somewhat dependent on many factors such as population, business density, and law enforcement issues. In places with a small population like Solihull, it is normal to have only a handful of locksmiths. This is the reason why customers know each of these locksmiths Solihull professionals well.
However, there are still some interesting facts that many people might not know about them today. Five of these have been enumerated below:
- Locksmiths have ranks. Of course, this is if they will go by the rules of the British Locksmiths Institute (BLI) and Master Locksmith Association (MLA). An individual could progress from Student Member to Trainee (apprentice) during his or her training days. The rank of Master Locksmith can be achieved only by passing the exams of BLI and MLA consecutively.
- Locksmiths have to be multi-skilled. Their jobs are not always limited to making new keys, installing locks, and solving lockouts. In the performance of their jobs, skills in carpentry, machines, electricity, and even engineering are always needed.
- Locksmiths earn good income: This most applicable for those who are working under locksmiths Solihull companies. An individual with a regular BLI certification can make up to £25,000. Of course, those with Master Locksmith credentials earn much more than that.
- Locksmiths are always battling with competitors. This is why they would commonly set up shop in big cities where the customer base is bigger.
- Locksmiths are always successful in the duplication of keys. Of course, this is if they have the right tools and resources on hand. While there are keys that are specifically marked not to be duplicated, there are no actual laws that will penalize locksmiths Solihull professionals from making copies of them.